Thursday, May 30, 2013

Apologies


So I know I haven’t been very consistent with my blogging this month, and I’d like to take a moment to explain why.
At first, it wasn’t so bad, I had a couple of draft posts saved, intending on finishing them and posting them. But then I had an unbelievably busy week, and right in the middle of an already hectic week, my Grandmother nearly had a stroke and was put in the hospital for about two weeks, so the whole family was kinda busy with that. She’s doing a little better now, but still has a ways to go until she’s doing a whole lot better.
Anyway, then there’s my other set of grandparents-my Pap-paw and Granny. My mom told me just recently that they’re not doing so good. Of course, she’s been telling me this for a long time now, but it’s only just now sinking in. I’ve only ever had one Pap-paw. My other granddad passed away when I was about 12, and I never really knew him that well. I’m really close with my Pap-paw though, I always have been. He’s really special to me, and it’s kinda rough to suddenly realize that he may not actually be here for much longer. He’s been sick and it’s apparently taking a bit longer than it should for him to get better. I know it’s going to be really hard whenever it may be.
So, for the most part, it’s been a bunch of family stuff come up all at once that’s kept me away from my writing. That, and the other millions of things on my mind lately. I feel like I really need a break from everything, but at the same time, I feel like I don’t even have time for a break! It’s really crazy, and I’m trying my best to just relax and tackle one thing at a time.
Of course, my boyfriend is pretty good at keeping me relaxed too. If I’m really stressed, all I have to do is just be around him, and everything seems better, brighter and easier to tackle.
So bear with me for a while, dear readers…I’m still around, and definitely still writing. It just may be longer in between blog posts than I would like. On the upside, however, I do have a couple of more ideas for posts! So I should have roughly 4 or 5 rough drafts I can be working on for blog posts to be posted the next time I get a chance to breathe. :)

     “In tru nose…out tru mouth…”
          -Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment