Sunday, December 2, 2012

Daydreams

Ok, so I don't know about you, but this girl daydreams...or...I guess I should make that nightdreams to fall asleep. I usually lay there for at least an hour daydreaming about hypothetical scenarios that would probably never happen. But I like to imagine that they would. I sometimes imagine scenes from my books, if I'm trying to plan out a particular scene but can't concentrate any other time.
Or I'll sometimes take my absurd imaginings and work them into a book. I won't go into specifics because that would mean spoilers. But perhaps if persuaded-after I get a book published in the future-I might give a hint as to whether or not one of these daydreams has made it into a book yet. All I can tell you for now as far as that goes, is that when I work a nightdream into a book, it's usually a pretty good scene. But then again, I tend to be bias to my own work sometimes. And then other times, I'm my own worst critic. It just depends on what project it is. But such is the life of a writer.


     Wishing you happy nightdreaming!
          -Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment