Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Short Story

So I've been working on a Christmas short story for a while now, and it's finally finished. Whew. I was determined to have it ready today at the very latest, so I sort of stayed up all night finishing it. But it's done now, and I can finally sleep.
But before I give you the links for the new Christmas short story, it originally was meant for an entry in a little Christmas challenge. I was given a picture and song. The picture I used for the cover. The song was "All I Want For Christmas is You". All I've really known about was the Mariah Carey version. However, I have since discovered the Michael Buble' version, and it fits so much better for the mood of this particular story. If you don't have it, or have never heard it, I suggest you do so now. Go on ahead...I'll wait while you give a little listen. :)
*3 minutes later*
Isn't it great?? I just love that cover. So anyway, yes, this has been a major inspiration for me in the writing process. It really helps keep me in that mood that I need to be in when writing this kind of story.
But, I know, I know, you probably want to go on ahead and read the story already, well ok.

Here it is, my Christmas short story I've been working on for you! :)
Hope you guys like it!

Synopsis: Growing up, Lindsey and Ben were inseparable. Best friends since before they could walk, they did everything together. When both were told the other had cooties, neither ran away. They stuck together through thick and thin. And eventually, Lindsey developed a crush on Ben. Right before graduation and Ben moving off to another college. Now, a year later-and still as head over heels for Ben as ever-Lindsey can’t help but wish to see him for Christmas. The only question now is, will Lindsey get her Christmas wish come true?

Booksie: http://www.booksie.com/romance/short_story/lizanneglasgow/i-just-want-to-see-my-baby/chapter/1

Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/story/3262510-i-just-want-to-see-my-baby

     Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
          -Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment